Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Gardens and a renovation

We took a tram to Elwood and walked along a residential street. This is a very nice block of apartments.


The other side of the street is not so grand. I guess the family in this home are Footscray Football Club supporters.


One of the gates to the Blessington Street Gardens, also known as the St Kilda Botanical Gardens.


As I commented on a post by Cathy, the roses in Melbourne seem extraordinarily good this year. To see the roses was the main reason we visited.






We saw Blue Moon roses, which we used to grow and they were great.


Weddings here, I should think.




The green house, fountain and Rain Man.


Rain Man is solar powered, so the water flow depends on the strength of the sun.


Much work has been going on in Acland Street. Tram tracks replaced, platform stops installed and half the street now closed to cars. It was far from finished when we were there, but I liked the way it was shaping up. Big Mouth is somewhat of a St Kilda institution.


I am not so keen on these retro futuristic tram shelters and nor do they look very good as weather protection.


The area has been officially opened now, but I am not sure if it is finished. Of course now the rest of shopping street looks shabby.


Fly me to the moon........


I could have/should have stood up from the temporary seating where we brunched to take a better photo, but I didn't.


Route 96 is mostly run by E class trams, but here is a C2 class about to depart the terminus on the shiny new tracks.


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar