Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Summer Brights!

L - R: Dior 'Aloha' (#638) and Chanel 'Rose Exuberant' (#519)

This week, I've been obsessed with wearing these bright colours. I think these are perfect for this summer season - very modern and reminiscent of the recent colour blocking trend.

I chose Chanel 'Rose Exuberant' (#519) for my finger nails, which I must admit at first I was a little disappointed as I wasn't sure if it flattered my olive tan skin tone, but soon afterward - seeing it in different lighting, etc, I've really fallen in love with it! ^_^  'Rose Exuberant' is a gorgeous, bright, intense hibiscus pink.  I'm certain I'll be wearing this a lot more before summer ends. Maybe even on a cold, depressing winter I'll probably turn to this to perk up my mood (as I sometimes do). ;-) 

Apart from the colour of Chanel 'Rose Exuberant', I also love the fact that it's such a breeze to apply!  So smooth and even.  In the swatches below, I applied about one and a half coats to get an even and opaque coverage. Yay!  <3

Chanel 'Rose Exuberant' was released as part of the Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet collection last year (still available to purchase), which also included their new line of luminous matte lipsticks.
Chanel 'Rose Exuberant' (#519) on the nails (against olive tan skin)
Chanel 'Rose Exuberant' take 2.
For the toes, I chose Dior's 'Aloha' (#638), which was released as part of Dior's Summer 2011 'Electric Tropics' collection.  This is a beautifully vibrant, fluorescent orange that will sure to delight you as it did me.  This required 2-3 coats to get an even, opaque coverage.  Also, fairly easy to apply.  I will also be wearing this a lot more too.  I'm sure it will look equally gorgeous on the nails (particularly if I pair it with a bright royal blue shirt/top - a lovely contrast indeed)! =)
On the toes: Dior 'Aloha' (#638).

Both nail varnishes have a glossy cream finish.  I also applied my current favourite Becca 2-in-1 Base/Top Coat on both finger nails and toe nails.

** Highly recommend both! :) **

Thanks for reading! xo




* Update: This is the 8th day of wearing Chanel 'Rose Exuberant' and it's still going strong on my nails!  Very minor wear and only on a couple of finger nails.  The most phenomenal wear time I have come across so far!  (It's lasting even a bit longer Chanel 'Graphite', which lasted a full week until I had to remove it). *




What are your fave summer brights for finger and toe nails?
Do share in a comment below! ^_^




Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar