Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Thimbles

Today I went to a antique and collectors market. I have for a long time wanted to go there, but always been occupied with other things that day. But finally today.............

A lot of things to look at, but nothing interesting to me.................until.....................

one stall that had a lot of thimbles.

So many lovely thimbles..................I wanted them all..................but they were a bit expensive so I bought only three...............this time. She promised she would be back next time (in the autumn I think). I have collected thimbles a long time. But that has been thimbles from places I've been on holiday or got from friends bringing them home from their holidays.

But now...........some antique ones................I know I want to collect more of these.


Look.........

I looked up pn the internet when I came home to check what the lady told me.

The one to the left is a Royal Crown Derby Thimble Art Deco from 1900. I found photo of it on this link.

The one in the middle is a Royal Doulton Canton thimble. I found photo of it on this link

The thimble to the right I am not sure. The lady who sold me it told me about it, but I did not write it down and now I do not remember. When I got it polished I found a mark L.D.W. I looked the mark up at this link, but could not find L.D.W, but I found E.D.W, is it the same?? If anyone knows anything about this I would love to know more.

I think I have to buy a book about collecting thimbles now, because this was fun. Starting to collect antique thimbles.

A question................is there any other blogger out there collecting antique thimbles?????

Saying for today:

Wrinkles are antique smiles

PS: I'm in civil war fabric heaven now.............
tell you more tomorrow LOL.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar