Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Thursday Movie Picks: The Band

 

This week's theme from Wandering Through the Shelves is about Bands. I suppose you could interpret this as bands of people, but I took it for literal musical bands. Here are some of my favorite films that include them.

1) Breakfast on Pluto

I love this movie about a trans woman who leaves her Irish town and heads to London and their cabaret scene. It has an amazing performance by Cillian Murphy. After watching the documentary Disclosure, I know it's not highly regarded in the trans community anymore as Murphy is a cis, straight male playing the lead role, and that makes me a little sad because it's always been an indie film I recommended. Especially for those looking for LGBTQIA requests. 

2) God Help The Girl

This is one of the most aesthetically pleasing movies I've ever seen. I love everything about it. The music, the fashion, the way the leads make such a great team. It follows a girl fresh out of treatment for an eating disorder, a singer/songwriter, and one of his guitar students. They form a band together to share their love for songwriting. It's just a cute movie. 

3) Band Aid

This film is about a couple who in a last ditch effort to save their marriage decide to write all their fights into songs and start a band together. It's peak mumblecore but I like how it all plays out. 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar