Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

What is in my travel makeup bag?

I love looking in travel makeup bags because they show the bare essentials; the products that their respective owners cannot live without. The bare essentials will invariably be items that are effective and efficient in both usaage and costs. I will know what works and what does not work straightaway from a travel makeup bag. So here, I will share mine with you, and I hope you will enjoy such sharings too!

I bring my travel makeup in a soft clear plastic case by MUJI. I like this bag because it complies with flight safety regulations and still keep my items neat and compact. This particular MUJI case has the right length for storing eyeliners and pencils and the right width for cream product bottles. I hate packing my makeup in ziplog bags because I cannot deal with products that roll around without order.

My travel makeup bag - a soft clear plastic case from MUJI.
I bring one item from each essential category. I rely on the small size of the bag to discipline how much I take.



For prep, I like having some form of alcohol wipe. The Nivea Daily Essentials Refreshing Facial Cleansing Wipes are my latest favourites because it is so gentle on the skin, not soap or oily, effective, and packed in a very practical, small pack of just seven wipes. I contemplated the Biore Makeup Remover Wipes but found that to be too oily for on-the-plane cleansing since they were made specifically for removing makeup, not general cleansing. I also considered other packets of wipes that I own such as the one by Australis and Simple, but the packets are too big and impractical. I knew that I did surely waste it if I were to open them and use a few wipes; the remainder would dry up. I think Nivea did the right thing by packing their Daily Essentials line of wipes in different sizes for various purposes!

Besides, I bring a proper facial cleanser along so I usually use the facial cleanser and end up giving out the facial wipes to my family and friends. I decanted some of my Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution into a little spray bottle so that I could access the cleansing water conveniently.

Next, I picked up a couple of sachets of sample moisturisers for flight so that I could conveniently use and dispose of them. I also wanted to use up my samples. I chose the Philosophy Miracle Worker moisturiser because I love many Philosophy products and I trust that their moisturiser will last the flight time.

I also picked the Ceramide capsule by Elizabeth Arden because I was curious if the hyped product would work for me. I used one capsule during one of my trips and I love it! It works. I felt a combination of oil and silicone covered my skin as I apply the Ceramide over my face. That layer of Ceramide shielded my face from the dry air in the cabin like an invisible mask. I loved it.

Then, I took the Nuxe dry oil with me. I used so much of it in Australia because the air there was incredibly dry. The Nuxe oil saved my skin.

I also threw in two sample sizes BB creams which I used for a light coverage.



I brought Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Pure Mild Sunblock Lotion with SPF 50 PA+++ . I love the lightweight gel-cream texture but I find Neutrogena less effective than Banana Boat at truly shielding the skin from sun.

I also have my Hollywood Stain Remover Marker with me for emergency.

And I brought my Shu Uemura Retractable Blush Brush because retratable brushes are easy to store.



For makeup, I have my trusty NARS Deep Throat blush. Deep Throat is a medium shade of rose with gold specks. The rose colour makes it suitable for daytime while the gold specks means that it can pile on to create more glamour at night. NARS blushes are also incredibly long-lasting, so I do not have to reapply my blush on a trip.

I rely heavily on my NARS Eyelash Curler because it fits my eyes and so will not pinch me.

I also find Innisfree products very effective and cost efficient so I have three of them - the Eyebrow Pencil, the Eco Camellia Tint for cheeks and lips, and the pen Liquid Eyeliner. I strongly recommend buying the Innisfree Eyebrow Pencil and Liquid Eyeliner!

I cannot run from my trusty ole' Skinfood Red Orange Sun Pact SPF50+ PA+++ face powder. I find that it lasts forever on my skin to keep my face matte and relatively free of perspiration. It does not rub off easily. It is a true pity that Skinfood no longer sell this product.

I brought my Illamasqua lipstick in Cherub because it is a good shade of mauve that is my lips but better and also because Illamasqua lipsticks are long-lasting.

I also trust my Majolica Majorca Lash Expander mascara as it is truly waterproof and sweatproof. I strongly recommend buying Majolica Majorca's mascara. It is cost-efficient for the quality.

Last but not least, I have got my Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Lip Pencil in Illegal. This product lasts well.


I love how all of these go nicely into a small bag.

I hope you've enjoyed the little tour of my travel makeup bag. Thank you for stopping by!

Share the contents of your travel makeup bag by typing the products in my comments box below or leave me the link to your blog post or youtube video on your travel makeup bag!

See you around!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar